posted on 1:02 PM, March 13, 2019
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is available at http://estalink.us/eetqh
News items in this issue include:
- Eight ESTA TSP documents in public review
- ANSI E1.34 - 2009 (R2019) is published
- New project: BSR E1.67, Hand operated Chain- and Lever Hoists
- UL seeks members for STP 1640
- ESA now accepting 2019 Event Safety Summit proposals
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: potatoes in Colorado, lamp control gear and PVC-insulated cables in Kuwait, RoHS in the Ukraine, toothpicks in China
- ANSI public reviews: safety of lanyards; welding and brazing; electronic plumbing system integrity protection; workplace electrical safety; electrical inspections in dwellings; Life Safety Code; flame effects; pyro performances; types of building construction; high-challenge fire walls: flame-retardant wood: NFPA standards for recreational vehicles, parks, and campgrounds; NFPA building code.
- Notices of withdrawal: standards that have languished and are now gone for serial buses, networking, binary prefixes, safety with blasting caps, software testing, and luminaire data formatting.
- New ANS projects: reporting lighting energy; artificial intelligence words; control network protocol specification; off-site construction and its inspection; lighting science concepts and language
- Final actions on American National Standards; steel measuring tapes and structural fasteners
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: lightning strikes on humans and livestock; business continuity and managing legal risk; LED lighting, lighting systems and system safety; lighting control interfaces; EMC
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: low-voltage installations; industrial automation security; AV coding; Big Data; IoT; telecoms bonding; pencils and more
- TSP meeting schedule
- TSP Donors Who Have Made Long-Term, Multi-Year Pledges
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.