Industry Related Certification Programs
Here you will find a listing of certifications tickets that are either voluntary-based or compulsory to be able to work in the performing arts et entertainment industry in Canada.
- Firearms Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) and Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC)
- Special Authority to Possess Regulations (Firearms Act)
- Replica Firearms *
A replica firearm cannot be sold or given to an individual or an unlicensed business. However, a replica firearm can be loaned to:
- a person who borrows it specifically to fulfill their duties or employment in a motion picture, television, video or theatrical or publishing activities; or
- a certified instructor who wants to use it to teach the Canadian Firearms Safety Course or the Canadian Restricted Firearm Safety Course.
The specific requirements pertaining to such things as record keeping, notification and storage requirements can be found in the Special Authority to Possess Regulations (Firearms Act) (SAP).
- Forklift Operator: A licence is mandatory to use a forklift. Many companies across Canada provide forklift training and certification. You can search in the phonebook and on the Internet to locate a training centre nearest you.
Class C Movie set Lighting Technician for the movie and video industries (in Quebec only)
- Entertainment Industry Power Technician (in Ontario only)
- Full Entertainment (FE) and Limited Entertainment (LE) (in BC only)
- Live Performance Electrical Certificate LPEC (in BC only)
FEDERAL AND PROVINCIAL
- WHMIS Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System