About Us - Mission
CITT/ICTS* is a not-for-profit national association that actively promotes the professional development of its members and works for the betterment of the Canadian live performance community.
CITT/ICTS connects the Canadian Live Performance Community and serves
- Educators and Students
- Theatre Consultants and Architects
- Suppliers and Manufacturers
CITT/ICTS provides unique opportunities to its members to communicate, network and expand their knowledge and skills through workshops, conferences, electronic forums, and publications in the areas of technology, management, design, architecture and education for live performance in Canada.
- Promote safe and ethical work practices.
- Organize workshops, conferences and other professional development opportunities.
- Encourage the development of industry standards.
- Advocate at the local, regional, national and international level.
- Disseminate information and facilitate communication.
- Encourage research and the publication of the results.
- Promote and recognize work of excellence.
- Encourage the membership to take an active role in fulfilling CITT/ICTS’s mission.
You are invited to join us in fulfilling the CITT/ICTS Mission Statement.
* CITT/ICTS: The Canadian Institute for Theatre Technology/Institut canadien des technologies scénographiques
CITT/ICTS STRATEGIC PLAN 2012-2015
Over the course of the past 2 years, the CITT/ICTS board of directors has been working on drafting the organization’s first strategic plan. This document, will map the future of CITT/ICTS in the upcoming years. Thanks to your feedbacks and comments, the Board, with the help of consultants, reviewed, revisited and redefined the core values, the mission and the vision of the CITT/ICTS. We take pride in the organization's accomplishments over the past 20 years and welcome with enthusiasm the new paths ahead of us.
This is our CITT/ICTS and we want you to be part of it.
I would like to thank the board members, past and present, and the national coordinator that worked on this document and acknowledge the collaboration of our consultants Sandra Thompson and Cheryl Ewing who assisted us with this endeavour.
Norberts J. Muncs
CITT/ICTS President 2011-2014