About Us - Mission
CITT/ICTS* is a not-for-profit national association that actively promotes the professional development of its members and works for the betterment of the Canadian live performance community.
CITT/ICTS connects the Canadian Live Performance Community and serves
- Educators and Students
- Theatre Consultants and Architects
- Suppliers and Manufacturers
CITT/ICTS provides unique opportunities to its members to communicate, network and expand their knowledge and skills through workshops, conferences, electronic forums, and publications in the areas of technology, management, design, architecture and education for live performance in Canada.
#THROWBACK30 1990-2020 | Discover CITT/ICTS initial mission!
CITT’s primary function and purposes taken from the incorporation document as part of the initial by-laws in 1990. They were slightly modified in 1993, and are still active today. Click on the image to read them!
- Promote safe and ethical work practices.
- Organize workshops, conferences and other professional development opportunities.
- Encourage the development of industry standards.
- Advocate at the local, regional, national and international level.
- Disseminate information and facilitate communication.
- Encourage research and the publication of the results.
- Promote and recognize work of excellence.
- Encourage the membership to take an active role in fulfilling CITT/ICTS’s mission.
You are invited to join us in fulfilling the CITT/ICTS Mission Statement.
* CITT/ICTS: The Canadian Institute for Theatre Technology/Institut canadien des technologies scénographiques
CITT/ICTS STRATEGIC PLAN 2012-2015
CITT/ICTS President 2011-2014