What's New > The AFC Mental Health First Aid Virtual Training - Upcoming Classes
The course was developed by the Mental Health Commission of Canada. During the course, the participants will learn how to:
- Recognize signs that a person may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis.
- Find and reach out to professional and other supports that could help with recovery to improved mental well-being.
- Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis.
- Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being.
- 8 hours of instruction: 2 hours of self-directed study, plus two 3-hour virtual classroom sessions.
- Self-study Online Module 1: access link will be sent to course participants by email after their registration has been processed but not later than 2 weeks before the course start date.
- Virtual Classroom Modules 2 and 3: delivered via Zoom during the dates indicated below.
The cost to participate in the course is $200 per participant. Course fees are non-refundable.
Limited subsidized spots are available – please get in touch with us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if the cost of the course is prohibitive. We would like to make sure everyone who needs the training can access it. Subsidized spots are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Participants must be available on both dates to complete the course in its entirety.
→ MHFA Virtual Course – September 2021
- Thursday, September 16, 2021; 12 – 4 pm (ET)
- Friday, September 17, 2021; 12 – 4 pm (ET)
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021; 12 – 4 pm (ET)
- Wednesday, October 27, 2021; 12 – 4 pm (ET)
- Thursday, November 18, 2021; 12 – 4 pm (ET)
- Friday, November 19, 2021; 12 – 4 pm (ET)
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →