What's New > Special registration rate for CITT members attending USITT 2014
December 4, 2013
We are pleased to announce that CITT members can now register as a full conference delegate for the USITT’s 2014 Annual Conference & Stage Expo to be held March 26-29 in Fort Worth, Texas at the USITT member rate.
The deadline for the VERY EARLY Registration, the least expensive way to attend the event, is December 12, 2013. The Very Early member rate is $315 (a saving of $94 from the non-member rate of $409). After December 12, the member rate goes up to $384 through February 13, and then the rate goes up to $454. Students rates are also available. All amounts are in US dollars.
A discount code is needed for non-USITT members to register, so if you are not a member of USITT and plan to attend the conference, please contact the CITT National Office at to receive the code.
If you are not a member of USITT, please use the Public Registration button for Full Conference on this page and enter the discount code in the Promo Code box, which will give you the USITT member rate.
USITT, the United States Institute for Theatre Technology, draws over 5,000 people and 200-plus companies from the theatre technology industry to its annual Conference & Stage Expo, America’s biggest event for networking, training, and promoting products, information, and services for live entertainment professionals.
The 2014 theme is “Inspiration and Innovation,” and USITT will offer plenty of both in Fort Worth. Some highlights:
- Saturday Night Live Production Designer Eugene Lee, winner of three Tony Awards and three Drama Desk Awards for set design, will receive USITT’s 2014 Distinguished Achievement Award in Scenic Design and take part in a panel discussion with other 2014 USITT award winners.
- The 2014 Keynote Speaker will be Texas funnyman Jaston Williams, who played dozens of zany characters in the Greater Tuna series of plays and has won acting kudos for his one-man shows including Tru, as Truman Capote.
- An expanded Sound Lab will allow guests to explore the latest in sound technology on a full concert stage equipped with state-of-the art sound and lighting systems. Each day will include a small concert by local talent with two different teams mixing the sound.
- Besides 200-plus educational sessions on every aspect of theatre technology, 2014 will offer tours of the Dallas Performing Arts Center and other area gems, and, for lighting fans, a tour of the Vari-Lite manufacturing facility near Dallas.
Other highlights include:Plus, the annual Young Designers & Technicians Awards recognizing stellar work by young artists, a new Scenic Artist Showcase of original stage backdrops, the annual Tech Olympics, and much more.
- Sound Lab in the Arena
- Design Expo
- Scenic Artist Showcase of Drops at Stage Expo
- Plus many opportunities for students and professionals
USITT is offering greatly reduced rates for those who register by Dec. 12, 2013 – even lower for student/early career attendees.
Information on hotel housing and Conference sessions is available at www.usitt.org/2014
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →