(PAL - Possession and Acquisition Firearm License)
This is a ‘must’ course for actors, directors, and stage managers. Its depth and focus on the entertainment industry make it the only one of its kind in Ontario.
For liability and safety reasons, it is best practice for all theatre companies to have a licensed PAL holder on staff if firearms or replica firearms are being used in a production.
Rapier Wit’s Possession and Acquisition License Course will give participants the opportunity to earn their firearm licenses while training in safe and effective performance techniques for stage and film. This unique course takes three days to complete with over twenty hours of training and testing in non-restricted, restricted firearms, and prohibited devices.
Class dates are:
- Saturday November 6, 9 AM – 6 PM
- Sunday November 7, 9 AM – 6 PM
- Saturday November 20, 10 AM – 3 PM
- $548.05 (includes HST)*
- $423.75 (includes HST)* for members of Rapier Wit, FDC, ACTRA, Equity, IATSE, and CITT - if paid in full before Monday October 25th
- $327.70 (includes HST)* PAL Only - if paid in full before Monday October 25th
*There is an additional $80 that must be paid directly to the Canadian Government for the Possession and Acquisition License. Instructions for paying this fee will be given during the course.
· Non-restricted firearm textbook, training and testing
· Restricted firearm textbook, training and testing
- PAL portion taught and examined by Canadian Firearms Safety Course Instructors Greg Jacobs and Kostas Kapothanasis Stage and Screen practical course taught on the third day by FDC Fight Master Daniel Levinson – Times and instructors subject to change.
- Stage and screen combat-specific topics: safety, aesthetics, choices in blank ammunition, experience firing various blank firearms both long arms as well as handguns, and instruction in stage and screen combat performance scenarios. Twenty hours over the three days of the workshop
- Space is limited. A $100 non-refundable deposit is needed to hold a space
For more information, or to book classes, please contact Daniel Levinson at (416) 534-1947 Daniel@rapierwit.com or visit our Facebook page