posted on 5:48 AM, November 24, 2020
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- A quintet of TSP standards in public review.
- Stop Bullying Campaign offers anti-bullying support.
- ICC offers guidelines for temporary outdoor seating in public spaces.
- WTO Technical Barrier to Trade notifications: COVID-19 vaccines in Brazil; personal fall arrest equipment in China; single-use plastic in New Zealand; and hazardous materials in Saudi Arabia.
- ANSI public reviews: public protection at construction sites; good workmanship in electrical construction; and electric vehicle charging cables.
- New ANS project: prefab electrical assemblies.
- Final actions on American National Standards: NFPA standard for hazardous material identification; UL standards for attachment plugs and software cybersecurity; INCITS information security management.
- Draft IEC & ISO docs: Field Device Integration; image data compression and JPEG; aircraft baggage handling; 3-phase conductor identification; DALI; single-drop digital interface; FETs; and RCD EMC.
- Recently published IEC & ISO docs: Fieldbus; electric vehicle charging cables; quiet workspaces; and visualization elements of digital twins.
- TSP meeting schedule with no meetings—but more to come.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program.
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.