What's New > Call for Applications | Project Manager - In-House Assistantship Program
CITT/ICTS is seeking to hire a contractual Project Manager to oversee the In-house Assistantship program for 2022-23.
This is a temporary, part-time, remote work position. Candidates from all parts of Canada are encouraged to apply.
Start: September 15th, 2022
End: March 31st, 2023
Deadline to apply: September 7th, 2022
Salary: $10 000 (professional fee for the duration before taxes)
The Canadian Institute for Theatre Technology / Institut canadien des technologies scénographiques (CITT/ICTS) is receiving funding from the Canadian Performing Arts Worker Resilience Fund (CPAWRF) to offer an In-House Assistantship program to professional workers interested in pursuing careers in the technical or production fields of the performing arts.
Through this program, recent graduates or experienced workers seeking to change directions or advance in their careers will be paid to shadow a professional in a host organization in order to learn that professional’s job functions.
The Assistantship program will be promoted through the CITT/ICTS’s network to recruit interested assistants. Host organizations will be selected through calls for proposals that will describe the types of positions available, the duration of the assistantship and the ability of the organization to support and manage the individual. The national office will work with the regional sections to facilitate this initiative. In turn, the regional sections will work with potential host organizations to organize the assistantships. Funding will be provided to the selected assistants.
The Project Manager role and responsibilities:
- Prepare all relevant documentation for the project such as call for proposal, project agreements, evaluation forms, etc.;
- Engage host organizations including performing arts companies, festivals, live performance venues and production companies, through a call for proposals process;
- Review proposals and assist with the selection committee in matching assistants with host organizations;
- Liaise with the regional sections, the selected host organizations and the selected assistants;
- Assist in managing the budget;
- Assist in promoting the initiative via direct email, newsletter, and social media and through other arts organizations;
- Evaluate the assistantships at the end of the project;
- Draft quarterly and final activity reports for funders.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in project management or relevant work experience
- Proficiency in both official languages (French and English)
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of the performing arts technology fields
- Telework (Please note: The project manager will be responsible to provide its own computer and other work tools that may be required)
- Flexible hours
The CITT/ICTS is committed to the values of civility, equity, respect, non discrimination and an appreciation of diversity.
To apply, please email your detailed resume and a cover letter, in PDF form, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refer to “Project Manager” in subject line. Thank you.
Click here to download the job description in PDF.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →