The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will, in conjunction with the National Coordinator and President of the CITT/ICTS, assist in the development and management of all communications activities for CITT/ICTS.
He or she will be responsible for all aspects of marketing and communications for CITT/ICTS, including preparation and implementation of a multi-year marketing plan and the development, the implementation and maintenance of a communication strategy.
He or she will also be responsible for assessing membership programs and services, and their value to stimulate membership retention and growth.
He or she will report to the National Coordinator.
• Develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies and plans and ensure that they are aligned with the organization’s mission and strategic plan.
• Oversee membership and sponsorship communication activities, including planning, writing, editing and execution of direct mail and e-mail campaigns, newsletters etc.
• Provide communications support for marketing, sponsorship and membership recruitment initiatives.
• Contribute to industry related research; - writing, proofreading and producing publications as needed.
• Assist with the planning, writing, editing, production and distribution of the organisation’s e-newsletter, membership e-mails, annual conference and trade show literature and programs.
• Develop press releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, articles, key messaging, speeches and speaking points.
• Initiate, promote and encourage effective internal and external communications strategies and practices.
• Develop and implement the organization’s annual advertising and media strategies.
• Create and update visuals for online communications (website, social media, etc.).
• Develop materials such as posters, signage, sponsorship packages, etc. for the organization events.
• Use desktop publishing programs to produce promotional material internally.
• Liaise with graphic designers and oversee layout designs for printed materials.
• Research, develop and manage content for the organization’s social media channels, in both official languages.
• Manage the organization’s website and its content, in both official languages.
• Enforce the organization’s identity and brand standards.
• Maintain and monitor all aspects of the organization’s printed material and publications.
• Ensure and maintain communications with membership: reply to e-mails and phone inquires, direct members to appropriate resources, etc.
• Support the Board of Directors, the National Coordinator and CITT/ICTS team in ongoing communication activities.
• Must be fluently bilingual in English and French and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills in both languages.
• Bachelor Degree in the area of Communications or Marketing, or both.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years related experience in non-profit sector or entertainment industry.
• Advanced computer skills required, including:
o Experience with web Content Management Systems (CMS).
o Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
o Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and social media outlets.
• Excellent Internet research skills.
• Demonstrated creative abilities and experience with graphic design and website management.
• Demonstrated planning skills.
• Skilled in preparing communications and publications brochures.
• Demonstrated ability to time manage, prioritize, and multi-task to tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to be highly motivated and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to new situations/challenges.
• Demonstrated appreciation and respect for protocol, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, independently and in a collaborative environment.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, public speaking and customer service experience.
• Availability to travel by air within Canada.
• Office setting with some travel to off-site events.
• 35 hours per week, plus some weekends and evenings for special events.
• The candidate must be able to work from home. The CITT/ICTS office is presently located in the Montreal area.
Salary: $20.00 / hour
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Please submit résumé, with a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday June 19, 5:00 p.m. Eastern. No phone calls please.
Founded in 1990, the Canadian Institute for Theatre Technology/Institut canadien des technologies scénographiques (CITT/ICTS) is a national arts service organisation that actively promotes the professional development of its members and works for the betterment of the Canadian live performance community. CITT/ICTS connects the Canadian Live Performance Community and serves Technicians, Craftspeople, Managers, Designers, Educators and Students, Theatre Consultants and Architects, Suppliers and Manufacturers
CITT/ICTS provides unique opportunities to its members to communicate, network and expand their knowledge and skills through workshops, conferences, electronic forums, and publications in the areas of technology, management, design, architecture and education for live performance in Canada.
Visit our website at www.citt.org