This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is currently accepting applications for the Wardrobe Assistant for the summer of 2014. The contract would run from May 5th to Aug 1st, 2014.
The wardrobe team consists of: Head of Wardrobe, Cast Costume Facilitator, Wardrobe Assistants (Cutters, Stitchers, Milliners, Dressers) and Production Volunteers.
Wardrobe Assistant – Duties include but not limited to:
• Working in the wardrobe department as a cutter, stitcher and dresser as required.
• Hand-sewing, millinery, cobbling and craftwork as required.
• Dying and painting as required.
• Costume assembly from general stock for Actors, under the direction of the Head of Wardrobe and Costume Designer.
• Maintenance and design improvements to all types of armour & helmets.
• Costume Maintenance and Laundering as required.
• Costume pulling and storage as required.
• Responsible for sewing new costumes, under the guidelines of the Head of Wardrobe.
• Alterations and repairs on stock costumes as required
• Presetting costumes before each show.
• Assisting quick changes for actors as needed.
• Assist with show laundry each night as required.
• Often responsible for shoe repairs including sewing and gluing.
This is a full time position filled by two or more people. As directed by the Head of Wardrobe they are responsible for the day to day functions and labour that makes the wardrobe department a success. The work week is Thursday to Monday.
Any interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter Attention to Mr. Justin Born, Production Manager no later than March 10th, 2014.
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one of Canada's largest outdoor theatrical events. Now in its 21st season. The company annually depicts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. It is an epic story told on an epic scale, this year's production features a creative retelling of the Gospel of John. The script will be performed by a mixed professional/volunteer cast of approximately 200 actors in a 2700-seat outdoor amphitheatre.