This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Production
The Chemainus Theatre Festival is seeking a part-time, permanent Head of Props to join our team. Reporting to the Production Manager, the Head of Props is responsible for the acquisition and adaptation of all props as prescribed by a production’s rehearsal period, following practices in accordance with Worksafe BC and theatrical industry standards.
The position’s duties include: the buying/ building/ adapting props as prescribed by the production, compiling pre-production props lists, managing/ balancing prop budgets, advising the Production Manager when a prop may need to be outsourced, on-going communication with stage management teams & directors about prop statuses, prop maintenance, managing/ inventorying/ organizing props stock, rentals.
• College or university degree or diploma in Theatre Production or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of two years’ professional theatre experience, as well as experience working in textiles, plastics, sculpture, woodwork, metalwork, etc.
Skills & Specifications:
• Broad knowledge of theatrical procedures, tools and products.
• Comprehensive knowledge of theatrical building practices in soft goods, paper, wood, metal and other materials.
• Ability to interpret technical drawings.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Preference will be given to persons holding additional certificates, including: WHMIS, Occupational First Aid Level I, LPEC, Firearms certificate, Welding.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
(Application by email is preferred, with Subject Line “Application for Head of Props”)
Nicole Lamb – Production Manager at
Or by mail to:
Nicole Lamb – Production Manager
Chemainus Theatre Festival
9574 Bare Point Road
Chemainus, BC V0R 1K5