This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
• Supervise, schedule, manage and oversee all technical, logistical, contractual and administrative aspects of showcase development, implementation and execution at all venues.
• Communicates with each artist / agents and helps guide and prepare them for a fantastic CAPACOA showcase and experience.
• Ordering and coordinating equipment delivery and pick-up for the showcase
• Prepare and provide comprehensive timelines and work plans as required.
• Work within a specified budget.
• Liaise with the conference committee and the CAPACOA staff.
• Management, coordination and supervision of production staff.
• High-quality relationships with Ottawa and area arts community, presenters, venues and local suppliers, contacts and organizations.
• Minimum four years experience as technical director.
• Superior leadership, organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent computer skills and software knowledge.
• Excellent ability to interact and communicate in a positive manner with a diverse clientele; excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to formulate creative ideas, analyze, evaluate and negotiate details leading to a successful event.
• Ability to work with limited supervision and as part of team.
• Based in Ottawa or able to commute easily.
• Bilingual in English and French considered a strong asset.
The production and submission of a detailed showcase report after the event, as well as interim progress and financial reports to Executive Director are required.
This position requires both evening and weekend work during the conference. The ability to maintain a flexible schedule during the planning, and to be on site for the duration of the event is required.
CAPACOA (Canadian Arts Presenting Association) is seeking a Technical Director for its 30th conference showcases to be held at various Ottawa venues from November 15 to the 18, 2017. The Technical Director is the primary point of contact before and during the conference for all artists, agents, managers and exhibitors. This position reports to the Executive Director of CAPACOA.