This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Temporary position (8 months)
Start date: August 2019
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while delivering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.
In a dynamic environment that requires a great deal of autonomy, you will support your colleagues, especially the Technical director.
Your responsibilities will entail:
- In collaboration with the Technical Director, the Project Managers and the Stage Manager, oversee and manage the services, staff and materials required during the training and staging activities;
- Manage local crew requirements;
- Manage all technical requirements for rehearsals;
- Coordinate technical installation work with the Assistant Technical Director;
- Coordinate equipment loading, unloading and storage;
- Manage all shipping documentation (inventories, shipping orders, invoices, etc.);
- Supervise and assist the technical team during maintenance days;
- Attend coordination meetings, write progress reports, and manage the collection and filing of correspondence;
- Manage all training and rehearsal documentation including risk assessments, resource timesheets and billing, technical drawings, permits and other required documents;
- Provide the Production Documentalist with all necessary data, documents, plans, quotes, vendor sheets, etc. during and after the production period.
We would like to meet you if you have:
- Six to eight years’ experience in show production;
- Ability to handle contingencies and work well under pressure;
- Ability to supervise personnel;
- Strong communication skills and tact;
- Availability to work outside regular office hours;
- Fluency in French and English;
- Availability to travel and work abroad for a period of approximately 4 months.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is much more than just a show: it’s also you. At the centre of Cirque's creative energy are talented people with a passion for challenging their own limits. You will love to:
- Join a dynamic, high energy and creative team;
- Work on a large scale, international, theatrical project;
- Expand and reinvent ways of doing things;
- Work in sunny Florida during the winter!
To apply: cirk.me/2E8XtgU
Salary: Starting salary: $26 per hour
8400 2e Avenue, Montréal, QC H1Z 4M6