This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Production
- contract dates May 4th - September 20th, 2020 - with possibility of extension to September 27th, 2020
- to stage manage Festival productions and events (assignments to be determined by the Production Manager)
- to maintain the artistic intention of the Director during performances
- to assistant stage manage Festival productions and events when required (assignments to be determined by the Production Manager)
- to act as a stage management fill-in for another Stage Manager when required (to be determined by the Production Manager)
- to perform daily/weekly stage management duties such as rehearsal setup/cleanup, stage management paperwork, prompting, blocking, production notes, daily schedule, etc.
- to keep stage management prompt scripts and show paperwork up-to-date – and prepare prompt scripts and paperwork for archiving at the end of the season
- setup, care and maintenance, and strike/storage of the Festival stage management work/storage/ rehearsal areas and tools/stock/borrows/supplies/materials
- to administrate stage management petty cash (in consultation with the Production Manager)
- to act as a Board Operator, in addition to being the Stage Manager or ASM for a production, when required
- to act as Running Crew, in addition to being the Stage Manager or ASM for a production when
A copy of the full job description is available - please contact the GMTF Production Manager, Sarah White, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- professional applicants welcome, applicants with 4th year post-secondary theatre studies in Stage Management are also welcome
- experience in a repertory theatre setting is an asset
- a valid driver’s license is an asset
The Festival provides round trip travel (by most economical method) for successful applicants.
The Festival provides shared housing in the community for company members. A housing rental fee and housing deposit apply.
TNL is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Salary: $525-$575/wk commensurate with experience (based on 40 hr week, approved overtime is compensated)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Sarah White at email@example.com.
The Gros Morne Theatre Festival is a summer repertory theatre festival operated by Theatre Newfoundland Labrador. For its 2020 season, the Festival will produce six productions – three on its Main Stage (one new production, two remounted productions) and three on its Studio Stage (three remounted productions). The Gros Morne Theatre Festival is in the seaside community of Cow Head, Newfoundland and Labrador, which is situated in the spectacular Gros Morne National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
For more information about the Gros Morne Theatre Festival, visit our website at www.theatrenewfoundland.com.