This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Production
Duties of the Stage Manager will include all duties as specified in the current Canadian Theatre Agreement.
• experience as Stage Manager for at least 5 professional productions
• technical theatre university degree or college program, or equivalent
• basic IT skills
• High professional standards with acute attention to detail.
• Exceptional communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate with, and lead others.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and to establish and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
• Strong sense of initiative and problem-solving skills required
• Ability to work independently, and also collaborate with the production and artistic team
• Working knowledge of Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act, with specific regards to the live performance guidelines.
The Classic Theatre Festival is a project of Burning Passions Theatre, a registered charity. We operate under the Canadian Theatre Agreement. For more information on the Festival, please see classictheatre.ca
Salary: $888.75-$1062.50 per week for 7 weeks
To apply, please send resume and references to: Laurel Smith, Artistic Producer:
The Classic Theatre Festival, the Ottawa Valley’s only professional theatre company, is seeking a Stage Manager for our production of Affairs of State by Louis Verneuil during our 2020 summer season in Heritage Perth, Ontario (an hour south of Ottawa). We are a small but vibrant rural community that provides loads of recreational opportunities during the summer, as well as a friendly, highly professional environment to work in.
The play runs from June 26 to July 19, with eight performances per week. Prep week starts June 30, 2020 and rehearsals begin July 7, 2020.