This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Province: Toronto, Ontario
Position: Shipping and Receiving Lead Hand
Deadline: March 27, 2019
Posted: February 27, 2019
Job Description / Duties
LEAD HAND – SHIPPING & RECEIVING
The Lead Hand, Shipping & Receiving organizes and monitors the receiving, shipping, storage and distribution of all items received either from suppliers, vendors and/or the Manufacturing Department. The incumbent will ensure a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Oversees and participates in the loading and unloading of deliveries/ incoming shipments and problem solves for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries, and communicates respective information to all internal departments/employees as required.
• Follows standard warehousing operations/practices with respect to all equipment, procedures/processes to achieve documented Logistic management goals improving customer service levels while streamlining warehousing activities.
• Oversees daily routes/schedules of shipments and deliveries.
• Communicates with 3rd party carriers related to transportation or material handling.
• Participates in cycle-counting program to ensure accuracy of inventory levels.
• Provides training to all employees on warehousing, shipping and receiving policy and procedures.
• Ensures Quality Assurance processes/policies are maintained as they relate to functional processes within the scope of receiving, inbound inspection material storage and disposition.
• Ensures that health and safety programs are supported and enforced in a manner that safeguards the protection of staff and promotes prompt responses to health and safety concerns or incidents.
• Fosters and maintains a continuous improvement environment through communication, teamwork and development of all employees.
• Records data in support of KPI’s around the Department’s Continuous Improvement and Cycle Time reduction activities/objectives.
• Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations.
The Lead Hand, Shipping & Receiving position reports directly to the Logistics Manager.
Qualifications / Required Skills
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of warehouse operations including understanding planning, shipping, warehouse management and inventory systems
• Proactive and mature style with proven success in achieving results
• Knowledge of internal control systems and procedures
• Knowledge of applicable legislation including health and safety
• Knowledge of Lead Hand practices and principles
• Experience gained in a continuous improvement or re-engineering setting
• Extensive skills in conducting investigations and gathering information
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Understanding point of entry and duty principles for border crossing (HS codes, Duty draw back)
• Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
• Ability to multitask and find solutions
• Valid Driver’s Licence
• Valid Forklift Licence (Raymond Reach; Counterbalanced Forklift)
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
• 5 years of experience in shipping/receiving, warehousing and inventory control in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment; experience in LTL and domestic and international parcel shipping preferred
• 3 years of Lead Hand experience; OR,
• Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Senior Management
DISCLAIMER AND CHANGES TO JOB DESCRIPTIONS
The demands on the business may change and a degree of flexibility will be required to meet the needs of those business changes.
Salary: $22.00 to $24.00
***To be considered for this position, you must go to this website, complete the application process and attach your resume:
Please send resumes directly to
A.C. Lighting Inc. is a value added distributor of stage, studio and event lighting,accessories and consumables. With our distribution centers in New York state and Toronto, stocking a wide-range of world class products including Chroma-Q ,Vista, Luminex, LumenRadio, Prolights and Prolyte truss we meet the specific needs of the live entertainment, corporate A/V, worship, theatre and architectural markets in the USA, Canada and Mexico. Our in-house manufacturing facilities provide a complete one stop service to meet all of your needs.