This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
- Construction of scenic elements under the direction of the shop supervisor
- Setting up scenic elements in venues and at events
- Leading and directing local crew support at event setups
- Loading and driving trucks (26’ straight @ 5-ton)
- Interacting in a friendly and responsible manner with clients and other staff.
- Four years of professional carpentry experience in the theatre, film, or corporate event industry
- Extensive knowledge of woodworking tools and scenery construction methods
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- Welding experience a benefit
Regular shop hours range from 8am-4:30pm. Our shows setup at all hours of the day and night, and a flexible schedule is required and appreciated.
Salary: Remuneration based on skills and experience per hour based on a 40hr work week.
Please send your 1 page resume and a cover letter via email to
Production Canada is a live event scenery fabrication shop and production company. We design and build for a variety of organizations across the country for agencies and corporate clients. We offer complete design and fabrication services in steel, aluminum, wood, painting, laminate etc.
Our company is built around a policy of hard work, fun and respect shared with both staff and clients.