This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Design
Province: Sackville, New Brunswick
Position: Resident Designer Motyer-Fancy Theatre
Deadline: April 17, 2020
Posted: April 7, 2020
Job Description / Duties
The Resident Designer’s primary role is to design sets and costumes for both the Drama Studies Program and staff-directed theatre productions. Part of this role involves decision- making and problem-solving activities. Primary duties include provision of supporting design paperwork, such as costume thumbnails and renderings, costume lists and charts, white and painted models, and set ground plans and elevations. The RD serves as Wardrobe Supervisor and as Painting Supervisor. The RD is also responsible for mentoring students enrolled in Drama 4011 projects where the RD’s knowledge base coincides with the student’s topic of study. The RD also guides students engaged in theatre production activities for 1701, 2161, 3161, 2669, 3669 and 4669 course credit.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• A BFA in Theatre Design with 3-5 years of experience working in theatre or an MFA in Theatre Design, with a concentration in set and costume design
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Technical and aesthetic knowledge specific to set and costume design
• Experience with using CAD software for design. Knowledge of VectorWorks an asset
• Ability to be self-directed in their work
• Ability to work closely with students and, in a spirit of collegiality, with the Director of Drama
Studies and associated personnel
This is a continuing sessional position that runs from mid Aug. to mid April. It comes with a benefit package (full year) as well as 6% vacation pay. This position will be opened till filled.
Salary: 8 Month contract based on $49049-$57015 yearly
Pull posting at:
For more information about our program, the position, and our theatre you can contact the production Manager Paul Del Motte email@example.com.