This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Production
- to adhere to the props build schedule (in consultation with the Technical Director)
- the acquisition (stock, borrow, or prop/materials purchase), building and installation of props for all Festival productions and events (in consultation with the Technical Director)
- to provide rehearsal props for all the Festival productions and events when required
- to administrate the part of the Festival’s production budget designated for props (in consultation with the Technical Director)
- setup, care and maintenance, and strike/storage of the Festival props work/storage areas and tools/stock/borrows/ supplies/materials
- to assist with the move of theatre equipment if required
- to provide props maintenance for all Festival productions and events
- to supervise the Production Assistant(s) when working in the props department – to mentor, delegate daily work, and to manage their work schedule (in consultation with the Technical Director)
- to prepare and update props paperwork by the end of contract – including props lists, special props instructions/ maintenance notes, borrows/returns lists, paint recipes/kits, and props/scenic paint inventories
A copy of the full job description is available - please contact the GMTF Production Manager, Sarah White, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract dates: April 27th - July 26th, 2020.
- professional applicants are welcome, applicants with 4th year post-secondary theatre studies are also welcome
- experience in a repertory theatre setting is an asset
- a valid driver’s license is an asset
- NL certified fall-arrest/skyjack training an asset
The Festival provides round trip travel (by most economical method) for successful applicants.
The Festival provides shared housing in the community for company members. A housing rental fee and housing deposit apply.
TNL is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply
Salary: $550-$650/wk commensurate with experience (based on 40 hr week, approved overtime is compensated)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Sarah White at email@example.com
The Gros Morne Theatre Festival is a summer repertory theatre festival operated by Theatre Newfoundland Labrador. For its 2020 season, the Festival will produce six productions – three on its Main Stage (one new production, two remounted productions) and three on its Studio Stage (three remounted productions). The Gros Morne Theatre Festival is in the seaside community of Cow Head, Newfoundland and Labrador, which is situated in the spectacular Gros Morne National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
For more information about the Gros Morne Theatre Festival, visit our website at www.theatrenewfoundland.com.