This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The lighting production team in Culture Technical Services looks after a wide array of festivals and events through the year. Working primarily out of Meadowvale Theatre, Paramount Fine Food Centre and Celebration Square the team setups up, programs and operates different lighting designs for each show. As part of a larger team you will assist with all aspects of the event setup and operation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Configure an array of standard equipment setup in different configurations depending on show requirements, and safety considerations.
• Ensure setup of equipment is completed correctly.
• Operate production equipment such during events and festivals.
• Disassemble and clean or repair equipment components
• Work with clients to ensure the needs of their show requirements are met.
• Lead small teams in setup and operation when required.
• Offer solutions to show questions or problems and know when to direct client to supervisor(s).
Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary with a specialization in video production or broadcast is required.
• 2+ years of experience in a operator roll (Consoles, DMX setup and patching, Networking) is required.
• Working knowledge in graphic editing.
• Ability to work extended shifts including weekend, evenings, holidays.
• Ability to get to and from venues as required.
Hourly Rate/Salary: 17.30 - 20.60
Hours of Work: up to 40
Work Location: Meadowvale Community Theatre
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Culture Division , Celebration Sq & Meadowvale Theatre
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Salary: Hourly Rate/Salary: 17.30 - 20.60
Apply via link below: