This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Reporting to the Executive Board, the Production Manager is responsible for managing the production of two musical theatre shows in rep at Malkin Bowl. The production manager ensures the productive and cost effective execution of all production activities whilst maintaining a consistent standard of excellence and mentorship. This is a seasonal position equating to approximately 20 weeks of total employment per year. The position is full time and exclusive during rehearsals, set-up, technical rehearsals and strike. The schedule is flexible during the run, pre-production and post-production.
• Project Management for the theatrical productions
• Manage the production schedule
• Managing production personnel such as designers, technical director, production assistants, IATSE technicians, interns and volunteers.
• Monitor and ensure adequate levels of equipment, materials and personnel to execute the productions.
• Collaborating with other Admin staff and the board of directors regarding the operations and strategic goals of TUTS
• Additional duties as agreed.
• Previous experience as a production manager
• Broad understanding of theatre production
• Strong organization, leadership, motivational, and delegation skills
• Excellent negotiation and human resource skills, friendly attitude
• Ability to motivate and train production personnel
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
• Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and in flexible hours, including evenings
• Solid office computer skills.
• Strong costing, research and development skills
• Previous experience as a Technical Director, Stage Manager or stagehand.
• Previous experience working with amateurs, students and dynamic personalities an asset
• CADD experience.
• Experience with outdoor venues and temporary site services.
• Familiarity with VMA, CAEA and IATSE agreements
• Familiarity with Musical Theatre
Salary: • Commensurate with experience and hours of work
Please email your resume and letter of interest to
Application Deadline: Jan 25, 2017
Sorry, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Theatre Under the Stars (TUTS) is a non-profit society that entertains families through popular musical theatre shows while providing a vibrant outlet and training ground to develop aspiring performers and technicians both young and old. TUTS values an atmosphere of inclusion and mentorship in order to build strong character and to promote positive values.
Theatre Under the Stars has presented musical theatre at Malkin Bowl in Stanley Park since 1969. It is a time‐honoured tradition for thousands of Lower Mainland families as well as attracting visitors from around the world.