This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Province: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Position: Production Manager
Deadline: May 24, 2019
Posted: May 6, 2019
Job Description / Duties
MTYP is seeking an individual to join its team as Production Manager. This full-time position is responsible for the management of all production staff and production elements of MTYP’s activities, including Mainstage and Touring productions, MTYP School and Native Youth Theatre productions and other productions as may be contracted through facility rentals. Reporting to the Artistic Director and working closely with the General Manager, the Production Manager maintains a high level of artistic integrity, safety and appropriate working environment for artistic and production personnel. The Production Manager also works to support the maintenance and improvement of the facility with specific attention to the theatre spaces and equipment therein.
Qualifications / Required Skills
To be successful in this role, candidates should be highly organized, have strong written and verbal communication skills, work well with moderate levels of supervision and appreciate opportunities for collaboration with fellow team members. Additional required qualifications include:
• Minimum 3 years of experience in production management including demonstrated experience related to the planning, costing including proficiency with budgeting in all production areas, financial tracking and the supervision of theatrical production personnel and execution of theatrical requirements.
• Extensive knowledge of staging and production techniques, and theatre equipment including lighting, sound and video.
• Knowledge of CTA and ADC agreements and experience in the execution of documentation required to fulfill.
• Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and legislation.
• Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset.
• Ability to produce high-quality work on a deadline and comfortable managing multiple projects and priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and analytically.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
• Works effectively both independently and in a team environment.
• Post-secondary education in theatre production or equivalent training.
Standard hours are 9 am – 5 pm however earlier morning, evening and weekend work is required throughout the season. We anticipate a start date for the successful candidate as soon as is feasible.
Please download the full job description for this opportunity for more information on the role and responsibilities. https://mtyp.ca/about/employment/#job-listings
Please further note that all offers of employment with MTYP are contingent on provision of a clear criminal and vulnerable sector check.
Attention: Mr. Pablo Felices-Luna
Artistic Director, Manitoba Theatre for Young People
Manitoba Theatre for Young People is one of the largest theatres for young audiences in Canada and plays a leading role in theatre in the country. MTYP has the privilege of being located on Treaty 1 territory and the homeland of the Métis Nation, operating out of the first purpose-built facility for theatre for young audiences in Canada, situated at the Forks in Winnipeg. Known for its new works and commitment to creation, MTYP is also a hub for touring companies from across Canada and around the world and itself tours for more than 19 weeks each year. In addition to its productions and touring, MTYP School enjoys the participation of 1,600 students annually and is proud to be the home of Native Youth Theatre.