This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Production
Blyth Festival Theatre, Blyth, ON
The Blyth Festival is currently searching for a candidate to fill the seasonal position of Production Manager for the 2019 summer season. The contract is slated to start April 22, 2019 and conclude October 6, 2019, subject to change.
In 2019, the Blyth Festival will produce a repertory season of four Canadian plays (2 world premieres), one stand-alone production, and our annual Young Company project, as well as present two shows in our studio space.
The Blyth Festival takes place in Blyth Memorial Hall, a municipally owned, newly renovated 379-seat theatre. There are two rehearsal halls, one of which functions as a studio theatre, and ample backstage space for repertory changeovers.
• Hire seasonal production team
• Liaise with designers/directors
• Costing of productions
• Supervision and scheduling of production team
• Prepare big-picture production schedule
• Oversee production budget and adhere to same
• Weekly report on budget expenses to date
• Plan, and participate in, necessary repertory changeovers
• Enforcing Health & Safety policies and regulations
• Thorough background in all aspects of technical theatre production
• Proven management experience and good communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Strong team player
• Experience with purchase orders and financial reporting
• Working knowledge of Health & Safety policies
• Valid G Driver’s Licence
• Working at Heights
• Working knowledge of QLAB is an asset
• Familiarity with Dante networking & the ETC Element an asset
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
The Blyth Centre for the Arts (including Blyth Festival) was founded in 1975 to produce theatre that reflects the culture and concerns for the people of southwestern Ontario and beyond. In 1975, few scripts that fit the Festival's mandate were being written so we jumped into the creation of new work. At that time, the festival was the only summer theatre producing original Canadian plays, and one of the very few, if not the only "500-seat" theatre in Canada producing Canadian plays exclusively.
Today, located in a village of 1000 in rural Huron County, the Blyth Centre for the Arts is a year-round centre of cultural activity for southwestern Ontario.
Salary: $1000/wk + 4% vacation pay
To apply, please email the Artistic Director at .
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Blyth Festival (also known as Blyth Centre for the Arts) was founded in 1975 and functions as an arts centre for Huron County in Southwestern Ontario. The theatre presents a four to six play summer season of exclusively Canadian theatre, with an emphasis on new work.