This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Production
Province: Toronto, Ontario
Position: Production Assistant (8-week summer position)
Deadline: June 3, 2019
Posted: May 14, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Assistant will provide support in all areas of the production department – props, wardrobe and sets – as required during the summer months.
Duties of the Production Assistant include but are not limited to:
• Light office work such as note-taking during design or production meetings, creating and updating paperwork, photocopying, signage
• Support for Heads of Wardrobe and Props with small tasks/builds such as collecting, cleaning and organizing costumes and props, labeling, laundry and ironing
• Organization and clean-up of equipment, props, furniture and storage areas at the theatre
• Paint touch ups to performance spaces, sets and rehearsal spaces.
• Assisting with summer renovations of dressing room facilities as required.
• Running errands like shopping for supplies and equipment, pickups and dropoffs of rental equipment, deliveries
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Must be a returning student in September 2020
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a commitment to collaboration
• A valid Ontario driver’s license
Standard hours are 9am – 5pm. As with most positions in the theatre, there is some work required evenings and weekends throughout the season.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with references in a single pdf by email to Production Manager, Tarragon Theatre, email@example.com 30 Bridgman Avenue, Toronto, ON M5R 1X3. Please make the subject line PRODUCTION ASSISTANT. The application deadline is Monday, June 3, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Tarragon Theatre values diversity in its workforce and invites applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process, please do not hesitate to make a request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Tarragon Theatre, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is generously supported by the ESDC Canada Summer Jobs Program.
Salary: $15/hour less statutory deductions + vacation pay
Production Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tarragon Theatre creates, develops, and produces new Canadian plays and provides the conditions for that new work to thrive through high-quality development, production, and administrative infrastructure. The theatre trains and supports new generation, emerging, and established artists through extensive residencies, flexible play development programs and substantial producing capabilities. To complement its new creations, Tarragon presents new plays from across Canada, revives significant Canadian plays, and produces international work, both contemporary and classical. The theatre has active education/outreach programs. With a budget of over $2.5 million, Tarragon produces a ten-month season of seven to nine productions in its two theatres, and occasionally tours. Its studios and Extraspace are used extensively by the arts community for the creation and production of new work. In 2021 it will celebrate 50 years of producing theatre.