This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Production
contract dates April 27th - August 30th, 2020
- reports to various Department Heads, for assigned tasks (various departments might include stage management (ASM), props, wardrobe, scenic painting, lighting, sound, and carpentry)
- to assist in various departments with the acquisition (stock, borrow, purchase), building, and installation of elements for all Festival productions and events
- to assist with the move of theatre equipment when required
- to act as Board Operator for Festival productions and events when required (to be determined by the Technical Director and Department Head)
- to act as Running Crew for a production when required
- to participate in the safe and aesthetic execution of changeovers (for all departments) for all Festival productions and events (reporting to the Crew Chief)
- to assist in the setup, care and maintenance, and strike/storage of the Festival work/storage areas and
- to assist with the move of theatre equipment if required
- will be responsible for wardrobe, props, and scenic paint maintenance after short-term production staff contracts have ended
- to assist in providing maintenance (for various departments) for all Festival productions and events
- to assist in preparing and updating paperwork for various departments by the end of contract (show running, borrows/returns, storage, inventories)
- to participate in the safe strike and storage of all set pieces/equipment/supplies/materials at the end of the season
A copy of the full job description is available - please contact the GMTF Production Manager, Sarah White, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- post-secondary theatre student applicants welcome
- experience in a repertory theatre setting is an asset
- a valid driver’s license is an asset
- NL certified fall-arrest/skyjack training an asset
The Festival provides round trip travel (by most economical method) for successful applicants.
The Festival provides shared housing in the community for company members. A housing rental fee and housing deposit apply.
TNL is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Salary: $500/wk (based on a 40hr week, approved overtime is compensated)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Sarah White at email@example.com.
The Gros Morne Theatre Festival is a summer repertory theatre festival operated by Theatre Newfoundland Labrador. For its 2020 season, the Festival will produce six productions – three on its Main Stage (one new production, two remounted productions) and three on its Studio Stage (three remounted productions). The Gros Morne Theatre Festival is in the seaside community of Cow Head, Newfoundland and Labrador, which is situated in the spectacular Gros Morne National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
For more information about the Gros Morne Theatre Festival, visit our website at www.theatrenewfoundland.com.