This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Opera House Technician will be responsible for:
- Operating, maintaining and safeguarding the technical assets of the Town Hall Opera House and Theatre Orangeville.
- Maintaining a clean and safe workplace
- Liaising with user groups regarding rental needs for Opera House bookings
- Lighting and sound set up for each show
- Maintenance of lighting and sound equipment
- Running all technical aspects of Theatre Orangeville shows
- Supervising the use of lighting, sound & projection equipment as needed
- Assisting with Theatre Orangeville Set installs
The Applicant will need to have:
- A Degree or Diploma in Technical Theatre
- At least 3 years work experience in a similar position
- The ability to problem solve under pressure while maintaining a friendly demeanor
- Excellent working knowledge of lighting and sound systems
- The ability to confidently live mix up to 16 sources
- The ability to work at heights
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- The ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and exercise good judgment and initiative
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation and practices
Working knowledge of Q Lab an asset
The Opera House Technician position is based in Orangeville, Ontario.
Applicant must have a minimum G2 license.
Contract Dates: Full Time – Starts September 3, 2013
Beckie Morris - Production Manager
Theatre Orangeville is a 276 seat, fully professional artist-driven theatre company dedicated to the production, development and presentation of dramatic and musical works of art that enlighten, enrich and entertain the surrounding community.
Theatre Orangeville is fully committed to providing creative and challenging artistic opportunities for Canadian actors, writers, directors, designers, musicians, dancers, visual artists and technicians.