This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Province: Ottawa, Ontario
Position: Marketing Officer NAC Orchestra
Deadline: February 23, 2020
Posted: February 11, 2020
Job Description / Duties
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, The Marketing Officer for the NAC Orchestra (NACO) is responsible for raising awareness of NACO locally, nationally and internationally and for increasing demand for classical music in the National Capital Region (NCR). Through the creation of original and compelling content, like behind the scenes interviews and footage, and their dissemination through digital channels. They will develop and execute strategic marketing campaigns for NACO products and initiatives such as: NACO recordings, young artist training programs, national and international tours, and family programming. The Marketing Officer for NACO will develop and implement a comprehensive digital awareness campaign for the NAC Orchestra, manage NACO social media channels and participate as part of the Marketing Team to help formulate and establish specific and overall strategies for marketing and business development. On occasion, the incumbent will be required to travel, work evenings and weekends.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Post secondary diploma/degree in Business, Marketing, related discipline or comparable work experience;
• Minimum four (4) years experience in a related marketing role;
• Knowledgeable about classical music
• Passionate about live performance
• Experience in arts and/or entertainment marketing would be an asset;
• Experience managing budgets;
• Expertise in marketing campaign strategy development, implementation and analysis;
• Strong project management skills
• Superior knowledge of and experience in e-marketing, including social media and digital solutions
• Superior communications skills, particularly, but not exclusively in a written capacity (both writing and editing), including ability to create / edit copy for collateral materials, social media posts and web content;
• Creative and analytical thinking;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-volume environment with shifting priorities and multiple stakeholders;
• Superior planning and problem-solving skills;
• Demonstrate initiative and sound judgment;
• Proficiency in using MS Word and Excel;
• Fluency in both official languages is required.
Who Can Apply
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Candidates invited to an interview will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses. If relocation is required, the successful candidate will be expected to pay for his/her relocation expenses.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples and persons with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Salary: $57,800.00 - $84,300.00/Year
For additional information and to apply, click here.
Canada is our stage.
Those four words inform everything we do as a catalyst for performance, creation and learning across this great land. We are proud to be a home for many of Canada’s most exciting artists who captivate audiences on our stages and on our stages across the country.