This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior leader to join our team as Managing Director, Production (MDP). The MDP is responsible for the planning, management and supervision of all technical and production elements of productions, presentations, programs and events related activities across Banff Centre. The MDP works with Arts Directors and Artistic Director’s teams to ensure the successful implementation of annual programs, summits and symposia and event initiatives across all Banff Centre programs.
The incumbent will lead and manage the theatre, visual arts and media & film technical teams, and develops and implement specific training programs required to maintain technical expertise and oversees the delivery of the practicum training program.
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, the MDP maintains key relationships with creative and production teams involved in programs, presentations, events and conferences on campus and with external organizations such as renters, suppliers and co-production partners.
- Oversees and directs production support to arts and leadership programs within a balanced framework that also supports audio visual and technical support requirements of campus
- Manages, monitor and deliver on several objectives simultaneously while maintaining superior attention to detail; adjusts planning in response to changing priorities and opportunities;
- Builds, leads and maintains a team of highly motivated, knowledgeable and accountable teams capable of meeting superior standards in program support and delivery
- Ensures production budgeting and management, technical and personnel support for projects and programs are coordinated and completed to meet the needs of annual program plan
- On an ongoing basis, oversee production contribution to the adjudication and evaluation of proposed projects to ensure that technical/production capacities can successful realize the proposed project.
Develops a sustainable technology vision, capital equipment and professional development plan to ensure effective support of Banff Centre programs
- Keeps up-to-date on current technological developments and directions nationally and internationally
- Maintains effective working relationships with managing directors, directors and program managers
- Provides operational oversight to ensure that programs and events are delivered effectively
- Supervises production management team and provides oversight and guidance in all aspects of scheduling of production resources across Banff Centre
- Leads budget development process responsible for ongoing controlling, tracking, analysis, reporting, and developing recommendations for all financial activity related to Program Operations
- Oversees the processes/procedures in area and implements improvements consistent with Banff Centre strategic priorities with a focus on ensuring both the quality of participant experience and operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide timely advice on production support viability to VP, Operations in translating programming plans into a viable operational plan
- Develop and implement changes in workflow, operations and equipment to maximize production efficiency. Plans, develops and manages the practicum programs ensuring training is in alignment with Banff Centre objectives. Ensures timely recruitment of practicums and mentors and oversees that training objectives are met;
- Directs the design and development of Practicum group training events and workshops as required and appropriate.
- Other related duties as assigned
- 8+ years of experience in production in performing arts and/or digital media.
- Technical and production management expertise.
- Experience managing technical and production staff within a unionized environment.
- Experience developing capital equipment and technology infrastructure plans.
- Excellent strategic, planning, project management skills are required to manage multiple productions and competing deadlines.
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to coordinate work across different productions areas.
- Strong fiscal knowledge and data analysis ability.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to manage change.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends.
For more information and to apply to be considered for the position, please apply online at this link: http://bit.ly/2D5x6Kk
For more information, please contact:
Founded in 1933, Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity is a learning organization built upon an extraordinary legacy of excellence in artistic and creative development. What started as a single course in drama has grown to become the global organization leading in arts, culture, and creativity across dozens of disciplines. From our home in the stunning Canadian Rocky Mountains, Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity aims to inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative potential.