This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Working under the Technical Director this is a full time seasonal contract position as a key member of the Production Team at a mid-size Professional Regional Theatre in Prince George B.C. One of two technician positions, this one has a focus on being a 2nd carpenter during the set construction, utilizing the TD’s build drawings from designers. The position then converts into prepping lighting and sound installation with a focus on being lead on lighting hang, focus, & audio install. Upon Tech week and for the run of the show the role’s focus is as LX & Audio board operator for the three week run of the show followed by strike duties and ad hoc needs. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver, creative thinker, and be able to work in a small team environment. While the focus of the job is on LX and Audio, a competent working knowledge of carpentry is essential.
- 2 or more years of professional experience working as a Theatrical LX and SFX Tech.
- Working knowledge of programming lighting consoles, hanging and focusing lights, and basic maintenance of lighting and sound equipment.
- A working knowledge of programming and running playback sound with Q-lab, with a familiarity of live mixing.
- A working knowledge of theatrical building practices with wood
- Working knowledge and basic maintenance understanding of hanging and focusing theatrical lighting and sound equipment.
- Must be able to manoeuver a 24’ extension ladder for hanging and focusing lights.
- The candidate must have a valid class 5 driver’s licence.
- The candidate must have their fall arrest certification.
- Professional training from established theatre production program preferred.
- Familiarity with projections a bonus.
Theatre NorthWest is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Start date is Aug 1st, 2016 and runs through April 21st 2017. Salary is competitive and will commensurate with experience. Interested applicants are encouraged to send a current resume to For more information go to www.theatrenorthwest.com
Salary: Salary is competitive and will commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a current resume to
Established in 1994, Theatre NorthWest is a professional regional theatre dedicated to bringing audiences a wide range of plays drawn from the contemporary Canadian and International repertoire. Theatre artists are contracted for each production from across Canada to work with our resident staff in order to bring together a four-play mainstage season and two play Presentation Series which runs from early September to end of May. TNW is a CTA Category F House and focuses on modern plays in an intimate 220 Seat theatre in Prince George BC and is the largest cultural nonprofit in Northern BC serving a vast demography of over 500 km. and with a newly expanded mandate that includes a richer diverse programming scheme as well as a deep community engagement. Now the largest arts organization in the northern two-thirds of British Columbia, Theatre NorthWest boasts the most paid attendance, most annual performances, and high subscription rates.