This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Production
Province: Cow Head, Newfoundland
Position: Head Carpenter
Deadline: March 22, 2020
Posted: March 12, 2020
Job Description / Duties
- adhere to the carpentry build schedule (in consultation with the Technical Director)
- evaluate of production set designs and construction drawings (in consultation with the Technical Director)
- acquisition of all supplies/materials (by stock, borrow or purchase) for carpentry (in consultation with the Technical Director)
- administration the Festival’s production budgets pertaining to carpentry (in consultation with the Technical Director)
- supervise the Production Assistant(s) when working in the carpentry department – to mentor, to delegate daily work, and to manage work schedule (in consultation with the Technical Director)
- building and installation of sets/pieces for all Festival productions and events
- providing rehearsal set pieces for all the Festival productions and events when required
- building props furniture pieces for Festival productions when required
- setup, care and maintenance, and strike/storage of the Festival carpentry work/storage areas and tools/stock/borrows/ supplies/materials
- provide set maintenance for all Festival productions and events
A full job description is available, please email Sarah White, Production Manager at email@example.com.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• experience in theatre carpentry
• experience in a repertory theatre setting is an asset
• a valid driver’s license is an asset
• NL certified fall-arrest/skyjack training an asset
The Festival provides round trip travel (by most economical method) for successful applicants.
The Festival provides shared housing in the community for company members. A housing rental fee and housing deposit apply.
For more information about the Gros Morne Theatre Festival, visit our website at www.theatrenewfoundland.com.
TNL is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Salary: $600.00 -$675.00/wk to commensurate with experience, based on a 40hr work week, approved overtime is paid
Sarah White, Production Manager
The Gros Morne Theatre Festival is a summer repertory theatre festival operated by Theatre Newfoundland Labrador. For its 2020 season, in a brand-new theatre complex, the Nurse Myra Bennett Centre for the Performing Arts, the Festival will produce six productions – three on its Main Stage (one new production, two remounted productions) and three on its Studio Stage (three remounted productions). The Gros Morne Theatre Festival is in the seaside community of Cow Head, Newfoundland and Labrador, which is situated in the spectacular Gros Morne National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.