This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a regional theatre scenic shop environment.
Degree or Diploma in related field an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings.
- Ability to create shop drawings for construction crews
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of woodworking machinery
- Knowledge of working with steel and aluminum
- Fly House and rigging experience
- Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record, and a vehicle
- Flexibility to work long hours and weekends
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety provisions
- Positive attitude, and a team player
Job responsibilities and duties include but not limited to:
- Costing of sets
- Lay out and construction of sets.
- Set up and strike of sets and props
- Welding, MIG and arc
- With the Technical Director, schedule and supervise crews
- Signing off on crew time sheets
- Book keeping as it relates to show budget.
- Order, pick up and return supplies, gear, and other items as required.
- To run shows when assigned
- Other lawful duties as assigned by Management
This is a union (IATSE #129) position
Valid candidate must be a member in good standings.
Non union members will also be considered for the position, with the understanding that they may be asked to become members.
Only candidates considered for this position will be interviewed
Salary: As per current Iatse #129 contract
Production Manager, Theatre Aquarius
190 King William Street
Hamilton, ON L8R 1A8