This is a Seasonal, Full-time position.Category: Production
Province: Cow Head, Newfoundland
Position: Head Carpenter
Deadline: March 6, 2020
Posted: February 24, 2020
Job Description / Duties
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- adhere to the carpentry build schedule (in consultation with the Technical Director)
- evaluate of production set designs and construction drawings (in consultation with the Technical Director)
- acquisition of all supplies/materials (by stock, borrow or purchase) for carpentry (in consultation with the Technical Director)
- administration the Festival’s production budgets pertaining to carpentry (in consultation with the Technical Director)
- supervise the Production Assistant(s) when working in the carpentry department – to mentor, to delegate daily work, and to manage work schedule (in consultation with the Technical Director)
- building and installation of sets/pieces for all Festival productions and events
- providing rehearsal set pieces for all the Festival productions and events when required
- building props furniture pieces for Festival productions when required
- setup, care and maintenance, and strike/storage of the Festival carpentry work/storage areas and tools/stock/borrows/ supplies/materials
- provide set maintenance for all Festival productions and events
A copy of the full job description can be obtained by contacting GMTF's Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• experience in theatre carpentry
• experience in a repertory theatre setting is an asset
• a valid driver’s license is an asset
• NL certified fall-arrest/skyjack training an asset
Contract dates are April 27th, 2020 - July 26th, 2020.
The Festival provides round trip travel (by most economical method) for successful applicants.
The Festival provides shared housing in the community for company members. A housing rental fee and housing deposit apply.
Salary: $600-$675/wk to commensurate with experience, based on a 40 hr work week (approved overtime is compensated)
Production Manager, Sarah White
The Gros Morne Theatre Festival is a summer repertory theatre festival operated by Theatre Newfoundland Labrador. For its 2020 season, the Festival will produce six productions – three on its Main Stage (one new production, two remounted productions) and three on its Studio Stage (three remounted productions). The Gros Morne Theatre Festival is in the seaside community of Cow Head, Newfoundland and Labrador, which is situated in the spectacular Gros Morne National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
For more information about the Gros Morne Theatre Festival, visit our website at www.theatrenewfoundland.com.
TNL is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.