This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
Festival Development Officer
Celtic Colours International Festival, Cape Breton's annual award-winning, internationally renowned celebration of music and culture, has an opening for the position of Festival Development Officer.
This person plays a key support role in the organization and performs functions primarily related to generating revenue streams for the festival.
The Festival Development Officer works to develop strong mutually productive relationships with sponsors and festival partners. This position works under the direction of the Executive Director and is based out of Sydney, Nova Scotia.
• Identifying, developing and generating new and innovative revenue streams
• Cultivation and activation of corporate sponsor prospects
• Building, fostering and maintaining relationships with sponsors and funding partners
• Evaluation and reporting of revenue development activities
• Post Secondary Education in relevant field or equivalent experience
• Background in revenue development and/or corporate sponsorship, preferably within the not-for-profit sector.
• Exceptional interpersonal, negotiation, and consensus-building skills.
• Developing an in-depth understanding of the overall mandate and operation of the festival in order to properly develop a sponsorship plan and strategy that fits with the context of the organization’s strategic plan
The successful candidate will:
• Have proven experience and success with soliciting corporate support and fulfilling agreements
• Be self-motivated, and exhibit initiative and teamwork
• Be well organized with strong time management skills and must be detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and comprehensive manner
• Present confidently in a compelling manner to a wide array of audiences in a corporate environment
Salary: Negotiable ($40,000-47,000 range)
Joella Foulds, Executive Director
Celtic Colours International Festival
850 Grand Lake Road, Suite 8
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
Celtic Colours International Festival is an annual 9 day festival held in October in more than 50 communities throughout Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. Now in its 17th season, Celtic Colours has won numerous awards including CTC's Cultural Tourism Event of the Year and is also one of the CTC's Signature Events for Canada. The festival is built around the living Celtic culture of Cape Breton and invites artists from all over the world. The 2013 festival will present 46 performances and 235 Community Cultural Events.