This is a Seasonal, Part-time position.Category: Production
Province: Calgary & Toronto, Alberta
Position: Event Production Manager - Freelance
Deadline: June 14, 2019
Posted: May 28, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Production Canada is looking to add Event Production Managers to our roster as we sometimes need to hire on a freelance basis in our shops across the country. Reporting to the Director of Events, the employee shall manage event logistics from early design to complete execution. Event management may include assisting clients with design, drafting floor plans and event layouts, coordinating with suppliers and vendors, and maintaining production budgets and schedules. The employee shall oversee the event site, managing vendors and partners in a safe, efficient, and professional manner.
- Show specific client communication
- Creation of client budget and estimates
- Creation of PO’s for show specific expenses
- Creation of and updates to CAD floor plans and event layouts
- Coordination of Event Logistics from critical paths through to production
- Managing event budget through to the end of execution
- Assist and/or consult with permitting and insurance
- Lead event teams, vendors, and partners on site
- Lead Health & Safety policies on site
- Create daily site notes and reconciliation of Events within 5 days of
- Archival and control of event Google Drive files/folders
- Execute to the highest level of industry standards following our policies and
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Post secondary education in the theatre or events disciplines
- Minimum of five years professional experience in the live events industry
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience (Production Manager or
Technical Director preferred)
- Effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and CAD (Vectorworks
- Strong negotiation skills with clients, partners, and vendors while maintaining
an exceptional disposition
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
Regular hours range from 8am-6pm, but we operate a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of our staff. Our shows setup at all hours of the day and night, and a flexible schedule is required and appreciated.
Salary: $22 - $30 hour based on skills and experience
Please send your resume and a cover letter via email to with the term “Freelance” in the title. No calls please.
Production Canada is an award-winning company that helps clients manifest their event vision into experiences with impact. As the only company to blend scenic construction, full-service event production, and a celebrated approach to client service, Production Canada is expertly positioned to build strong, lasting relationships with its customers. Our company is built around a policy of hard work, fun and respect shared with both staff and clients.