This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Temporary position (18 months)
Expected start date: January 2018
We are currently looking for talented Equipment Specialists – Acrobatic, who are seeking a challenging oppor-tunity to enhance their careers by joining the production team. Duration will be approximately 18 months. Mandate is based in Montreal, with a temporary assignment if required.
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Equipment Specialist – Acrobatic will be required to work in collaboration with the Acrobatic Designer to develop acrobatic concepts, to collaborate with the Technical Director and project team, and to work in partnership with suppliers to successfully deliver the technical elements.
- Coordinate with designers, suppliers and stakeholders to collect, create and manage design require-ments;
- Manage costs related to technical elements;
- Coordinate procurement processes with the project team;
- Identify and monitor risks, issues and changes, and work with the project team to resolve them;
- Manage change requests, and coordinate the change process with the project team;
- Attend coordination meetings, write progress reports, and manage the collection and filing of corres-pondence;
- Coordinate all acceptance activities, including the creation and management of all acceptance docu-ments;
- Assist the Acrobatic Designer with risk assessment analysis and coordination with the Health and Safety Department;
- Collect feedback from suppliers, operations and project teams;
- Collect, write and hand over final documentation and obtain final acceptance;
- Coordinate close-out activities with suppliers, operations and project teams.
We want to meet you if you have:
- DEC (college-level diploma) in theatrical technologies or equivalent experience in large-scale international theatrical productions;
- At least six years’ experience in development and delivery of acrobatic equipment, including four years as an equipment specialist or similar position;
- Contract and procurement management experience;
- Cost and schedule management experience;
- Risk assessment analysis and management experience;
- Knowledge of various fabrication and design techniques and materials as related to acrobatic equip-ment;
- Knowledge of Autocad, Solidworks and other drafting and design software;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Knowledge of French an asset.
You will love to:
- Make a real visible difference in what you do;
- Learn and grow within our international environment;
- See our shows and contribute to their success;
- Eat at our cafeteria and discover its gourmet menu;
- Host meetings while watching artists in training;
- Work out at our gym or play volleyball on our outdoor court;
- Take public transit or to park at the Cirque’s expense;
- Grow your kitchen garden;
- Recall our legendary parties;
- Get involved in our community.
Salary: To be discussed
Please submit your candidacy here : http://cirk.me/2jPd2Uy
Life at Cirque is about sharing our passion and about creating wonder with talented colleagues, all the while de-livering at the highest quality in a fast-moving environment. Boldness and curiosity are a part of our DNA and hopefully a part of yours too. Together, we work hard, juggle priorities, shift trajectories, have loads of fun and, above all, dare to reinvent ourselves and meet new challenges.