This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Education
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Data Processing Clerk will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing an integrated database system for the collection, use, storage and retrieval of vital donor information, students financial information, electronic files and program documents. Develops and implements processes to optimize data capture and integrity and reporting requirements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for adding, editing and merging records; adding attributes and tables; running queries and reports; maintaining historical records including tax receipts; and running global additions and changes.
• Records all types of donations including gifts-in-kind, stocks, special events, etc. by receiving, verifying, coding and entering in to the database along with submitting all donations for deposit by balancing funds, generating batch reports and forwarding to finance.
• Issues tax receipts on a regular basis by running transaction reports, reviewing type and source of donation, and forwarding to appropriate fund manager for mailing.
• Update the Student Billing system by tracking and recording payments of both current and post-dated cheques.
• Identify, follow up and resolve NSF and/or stale-dated cheques on outstanding statements for all programs.
• Process daily bank deposits by collecting, totalling, entering and balancing all cash, cheques and credit card charges received from the Registrar, reconcile and balance on a weekly basis.
• Process and maintain the school’s Student Billing system by receiving approved information from the Finance and Registrar Departments for updating and entering fee tables, bill codes, and student information and other information as required; produce reports for registrar’s verification.
• Prepare/ distribute student billing statements, yearend reconciliations to GL, schedules of the Student Billing database.
• Post-secondary education in Business/Accounting or related field with minimum 1-3 years accounts receivable experience.
• Significant experience creating and maintaining complex Excel spreadsheets with strong detail orientation/accuracy.
• Accounting knowledge, 1-3 years of experience with a student billing database; knowledge of Blackbaud is a definite asset.
• Expert knowledge of charitable tax receipting, familiarity with Not-for-profit fund raising, and CRA guidelines.
• Ability to set priorities, use good judgement, meet deadlines and handle a high volume of work with minimum supervision.
• Strong interpersonal skills with above average telephone skills.
Successful candidates must supply Canada’s National Ballet School with a Police Reference Check, in accordance with the School’s Child Abuse/Sexual Abuse Prevention Policy; this will be coordinated through the Human Resources Department of NBS.
Salary: To Be Determined
Qualified applicants should direct applications stating qualifications, experience, and references, with salary expectations, to and include “Data Processing Clerk- 2016” in the subject line of your email by May 22, 2016*.
*Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Canada’s National Ballet School is located at 400 Jarvis St., Toronto, Ontario M4Y 2G6.
Please visit www.nbs-enb.ca for more information.
NBS is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.
NBS thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Established in 1959, Canada’s National Ballet School is one of the world’s foremost training institutions for aspiring young dancers and teachers. Attracting students from across the country and around the world, NBS is the only ballet academy in North America to provide elite dance training, academic instruction and residential care on the same campus. The School’s progressive curriculum, with its emphasis on the physical and emotional well-being of the student, has put NBS at the forefront of dance training internationally.
Making dance relevant to all persons through its philosophy of ‘sharing dance’ sees NBS engaging a diverse mix of participants, from school children to people living with Parkinson’s Disease, in both on and off-site classes.
NBS is currently inviting applications for the position of:
DATA PROCESSING CLERK
(Contract Full Time)