This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Production
• Act as management liaison while the company is in the theatre in Calgary, Edmonton and on tour, providing full support to all personnel; responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting Artistic staff as necessary, coordination of dancer transportation, accommodations, and onsite medical care providers
• Act as the Alberta Ballet representative in the theatre for guest companies in Calgary and Edmonton, providing full support to all personnel; responsibilities include but are not limited to oversight of production load-in, guest company transportation, hospitality, and coordination of onsite medical care providers
• Work with Production team to support and promote a safe working environment in the theatre; reporting any incidents/near misses as per company policies and procedures
• Ensure that Alberta Ballet delivers all programming within the guidelines of the Canadian Actors Equity Alberta Ballet Agreement while on tour and in the theatre; recording dancer overtime as necessary
• Liaise with local presenters, local publicists, theatre managers, corporate sponsors and government officials while on tour
• Conduct back stage tours for sponsors and/or VIPs when required
• Minimum High School education
• Post-secondary degree in Arts Administration or a related field is an asset
• Familiarity with technical production is an asset
• Two to five years of experience in a related field
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent multi-tasking skills
• Ability to plan, organize and execute effectively
• Knowledge of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association agreements is an asset
• Valid Driver’s License
Working Conditions / physical requirements
• Must be able to travel with the company for all productions
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends during performances
• A variety of work locations including the company studio and office; primarily working at theatres and on the road
• This position is paid a weekly rate with extended hours while on tour
• This position is a minimum of 25 non-continuous weeks during the production season from September to May; the Alberta Ballet season calendar is available on the company website but excludes cities outside Alberta at this time
• Artistic and Production staff
• Union Members including production crew and dancers
• 3rd party organizations and Theatre staff
Please submit a cover letter and resume through the company website, careers tab. You may address your cover letter to Katherine Roess, Production Administrator.
Deadline for applications: June 30, 2017.
Ideal start date is the first week of September 2017.
Salary: weekly salary TBD on experience
Alberta Ballet is Canada’s second-largest ballet company with professional dancers from all over the world and is renowned for the contemporary and classical productions that encompass its repertoire. Alberta Ballet reaches thousands of Albertans between September and May, performing a number of productions across Canada each year.
Alberta Ballet is seeking a Company Manager to support the artistic and production teams on a casual basis for a minimum of 25 non-continuous weeks between September and May. This is a new role and will likely evolve over time. The Company Manager is responsible for the effective management of operations associated with company dancers and guest companies during the scheduled productions of the season. He/she acts as the first point of contact for company dancers and guest companies and liaises with the Production Administrator as necessary.