This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
Salary to be commensurate with education and work experience.
The NAC offers a wide range of competitive benefits including health, vision, dental and group life disability plans and contribute to the Public Service Pension Plan.
Our Five Core Values:
Go Above and Beyond
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Operations, the Chief of Plant is responsible for managing, operating and maintaining the plant in a safe condition in accordance with the Technical Standards and Safety Act, 2000, Ontario Regulation 219/01.
Benchmark energy consumption and optimize efficient plant operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
-Providing departmental leadership & supervision including staff allocation and scheduling;
-Assisting in developing & implementing a sustainable and practical preventive HVAC maintenance program;
-Identifying the need for instruction and training and then providing or obtaining it as required;
-Providing adequate training to ensure standards for safe working conditions are in place and upheld.
- Successful completion of a high school diploma;
- Must possess a valid second (2nd) class operating engineer certificate of qualification for the province of Ontario;
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a similar supervisory role;
- Thorough knowledge of Boiler and Pressure Vessel codes, the Operating Engineers Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, integrity, fairness, respect, and ethics in all interactions and dealings;
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, decision making skills and leadership skills;
- Financial management knowledge;
- Good organizational skills, initiative and autonomy;
- Ability to follow directions and work with limited supervision;
- Advance computer software knowledge including MS Office and building automation software;
- Ability to work under pressure and to react quickly in emergency situations;
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety regulations;
- Proof of valid driver’s license, first aid and WHMIS certificate is required.
- Bilingual in both official languages (English and French), oral and written is an asset;
Who can apply:
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
How to apply?
Please submit your application online through our website at https://nac-cna.ca/en/careers.
Connect with us:
Salary: annual salary is $66,600 to $109,000
Associate Director of Operations
1-866-850-2787 ext. 428
Passion for the arts, creative and innovative?
If these words describe you, then you should join the only multidisciplinary, bilingual performing arts centre in North America. The employees of the National Arts Centre are a unique array of individuals with exceptional skills, talents, and backgrounds.