This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Province: Whitehorse, Yukon
Position: Box Office Coordinator
Deadline: June 25, 2021
Posted: June 4, 2021
Job Description / Duties
The Box Office Co-ordinator reports to the Director of Programming and is responsible for supervising box office operations including being the lead box office representative at all Yukon Arts Centre events (which includes working evenings and weekends) supporting telephone and on-line sales, rental bookings and ensuring that Yukon Arts Centre Corporation (YACC) clients and patrons receive efficient, effective and friendly service. The Box Office Co-ordinator will work closely with and support the finance department in all matters relating to Box Office financial transactions. The Box Office Co-ordinator will be expected to work week nights and weekends between September to June. The position will work mostly during the day in July and August.
Qualifications / Required Skills
•Diploma or degree, preferably in business or arts administration or performance.
• 3 to 5 years experience working in a performing art centre box office or administrative office.
• Bookkeeping experience will be considered an asset.
• Marketing experience will be considered asset.
An equivalent combination of education/training and/or experience may be considered.
• Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook (calendar function in particular).
• Knowledge of ticketing software such as Theatre Manager.
• Good understanding of computer operating systems, basic networking, permissions and security.
• Accounting or Bookkeeping knowledge.
• Excellent people skills and customer service.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Strong computer (Windows 10, Excel, and Word), analytical and math skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Effective communication and problem-solving skills.
Status: Full Time, Flex Time, 40hrs/week - PSAC Bargaining Unit Position
Rate of Pay: $24.12/hour during six-month probation period, increasing to $25.10/hour upon completion of a successful probationary period.
Benefits: Access to full benefits after 3 months employment
RRSP: Access to employee RRSP contribution plan
A copy of the full Job Description is available on request
Salary: $24.12/hour during six-month probation period, increasing to $25.10/hour upon completion of a successful probationary period.
Send your resume to Michele Emslie at email@example.com.
The Yukon Arts Centre Corporation serves Yukon arts and culture through inspired and imaginative dialogue, development, and presentation. Our vision statement is “An inclusive, vibrant, creative North.” We recognize and embrace the beautiful reality that all the communities we serve are diverse and unique. We work continuously to be inclusive, supportive and respectful of the vibrant diversity of communities and cultures in the Territory. We recognize we have a role to support, encourage and further social justice.