This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and artisans alike. If you would like to be part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the position of:
Assistant Technical Director
Reporting to the Director of Production and as part of the Technical Management Team, the successful candidate will assist in implementing technical aspects for off-stage events and related activity at the Tom Patterson Theatre or other Stratford Festival venues.
• Provide assistance to the Associate Technical Director & Associate Producer- Forum in their areas of responsibility
• Ensure the smooth operation of Forum and other events as assigned
• Liaise with all production and non-production departments keeping them current with event information and any changes that occur
• Plan & coordinate the details of Union work calls
• Supervise Union crews and activity during the set-up, rehearsal, operation and load-out of events
• Evaluate proposals and ideas within the parameters of safety, time, budget, and available resources
• Oversee the installation, maintenance and inventory of technical equipment and facilities
• Work collaboratively in a positive and proactive manner with all
• University Degree or equivalent education and experience in a field related to theatrical production.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a senior technical director role preferably in a performing arts industry
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience supporting events and activity off stage
• Advanced knowledge in Vectorworks or AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Self-motivated and flexible
• Excellent team player with a collaborative and positive attitude
Preference will be given to applicants with experience working with new productions and/or experience working in a repertory theatre environment.
This full-time contract position is located in Stratford, Ontario from mid-May to end of August/early September.
Job Type: Contract
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment, we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the recruitment and hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a résumé and cover letter in a single PDF by March 6, 2020, to:
Subject: Assistant Technical Director
Located in Stratford, Ontario, Canada, we are North America’s largest classical repertory theatre company. Each season, we present a dozen or more productions in four distinctive venues. We produce classics, contemporary dramas and musicals, with special emphasis on the plays of Shakespeare.