This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Design
POSITION: ASSISTANT DESIGNER (PROJECTION & LIGHTING)
CONTRACT DATES: June 26 - August 26, 2017
Peninsula Productions is seeking a highly motivated theatre or digital media student, with some experience in live theatre production, who is interested in playing a role in the creation of a new work in the summer of 2017, celebrating the city of White Rock and Canada’s 150th birthday.
This is a prime opportunity to assist one of Canada’s busiest and most experienced lighting designers.
Reporting to the Projection / Lighting Designer, the Assistant Designer will assist in the creation of the projection / video and lighting design for the production. Duties may include but not be limited to:
- assist the projection / lighting designer on the creation of content for the projection / video design
- assist the projection / lighting designer on the projection / video system design
- prepare plans, cue sheets, tracking sheets, plots and other forms of documentation of the projection / video and lighting designs
- assist on set of video shoots (if any) during the rehearsal period - document shoot set-up information and track takes
- assist in the supervision of the actual hanging and rigging of video equipment and control network and work with the house crew to ensure consistent functioning / alignments of projectors
- assist in the programming of projection / video playback control
- assist in the maintenance of tracking information and cue sheets during programming sessions and technical rehearsals
- coordinate with the projection / lighting designer to ensure cues are triggered as requested by the designer.
Experience, skills and knowledge-base may include but not be limited to:
- strong research skills
- creation of original and moving imagery
- manipulation of found imagery and video files
- knowledge of and experience with video projectors, projection network design and control software such as QLab or Watchout
- knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Photoshop) are required
- knowledge of Vectorworks Spotlight and Lightwright an asset
- some experience in lighting design for the stage
The successful applicant will have a passion for live theatre production and possess strong collaborative instincts.
Peninsula Productions -
Please email a cover letter and resumé with "Design Assistant" in the subject field.
Since its inception in 2010, Peninsula Productions has striven to deliver professional quality live entertainment in White Rock/South Surrey. We are a not-for-profit with an active board and over one hundred volunteers!