This year as part of the CITT Annual Conference and Trade Show - from August 12 to 14 in Halifax, NS - there will be a Green Pavilion.
My name is James McKernan and I am one of the people organizing this pavilion and I am seeking out products/services to showcase in our multimedia display of sustainable practices. I am asking all suppliers and manufacturers to send me a little information on their products that are sustainable so I can promote them better.
The following is the criteria that the Canadian Government uses to grade the sustainability of products for their suppliers:
- Evidence of an Environmental Management System (EMS) (e.g., ISO 14001)
- Have an Environmental Policy in place
- Demonstrate commitment to voluntary environmental initiatives or community-based environmental projects
- Member of national industry organization pursuing environmental stewardship including reuse & recycle (specify name/organization)
Electrical & Electronic Products:
- Offer ENERGY STAR equipment
- Offer products that are Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) certified - Silver Level
- Offer products that are Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) certified - Gold Level
- Offer products that meet WEEE specifications
- Offer products that are RoHS certified
- Equipment is equipped with sleep/power-down mode
- Incorporate a substantial percentage of recycled or recyclable material
- Manufacturer uses recyclable packaging
- Manufacturer uses reusable packaging
- Offer take-back programs for products
- Manufacturer offers recycling of systems/components
If you would like to be showcased in our pavilion, can you please send me less than one page of information outlining the products that you would like us to showcase in our presentation.
Please use at least two of the criteria above to describe the sustainable qualities of your products. Please avoid ‘green washing’ of your products/services.
Each product will require a high res image as well as a high res logo for the company that is supplying the information. At least 1920 x 1080 and either JPEG or TIFF
Please send all responses to James McKernan at email@example.com