This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
- Costume fittings, alterations and repairs
- Care and maintenance of all costumes,
undergarments, hats and costume related personal
props such as gloves, jewelry, fans etc.
- Organizational paperwork for all ballets
- Assist with costume rentals
- Clean all show garments on a regular schedule
- Supervision of the venues wardrobe person
during tours to ensure that all costumes are
properly pressed or steamed prior to each performance
- Driving production vehicles - cube, vans, etc.
- Prior theatre / costume experience
- Must be organized, efficient and work well under pressure
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work
independently and possess good time management skills
- Proven skills as a qualified seamstress in a
- Good knowledge of repairing and cleaning techniques
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Valid driver's license and passport required
- Dance wardrobe experience & wig maintenance an asset
- Touring experience would be an asset
Position is full time from August 29, 2016 to May 14, 2017
Canada’s Ballet Jörgen will be touring "Swan Lake" & the “Contemporary & Classical Program” to western Canada, eastern Canada and throughout Ontario and the States, “Nutcracker” throughout Ontario and "Velveteen Rabbit" to schools and eastern Canada.
Please send all resumes/CV’s to:
Canada’s Ballet Jörgen builds communities across Canada through the shared experience of professional ballet. Reaching every province with over 600 events annually, we ensure communities large and small, urban and rural have access to a ballet experience that is recognized for its innovation, warmth and beauty. Inspiring and connecting with Canadians for over 25 years, Canada’s Ballet Jörgen makes ballet and Canadian choreography a meaningful part of Canadians’ lives through performance, education , and community engagement.