This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Work through fit up and setup for the new Performing Arts Centre. The Candidate will also provide technical support to the artists, clients and the community users of the Camrose Performing Arts Centre through the opening months. This is a temporary contract position with an opportunity to become permanent following funding confirmation. The successful candidate will have experience working with theatrical lighting; ETC GEO lighting console, LED and automated lighting fixtures and other lighting equipment. She/he will have a well-rounded experience in all areas of technical theatre that will meet the requirements of the diverse users of our facility.
• Operation of the ETC GEO lighting console and the extensive LED lighting system for all events happening with in the facility.
• Will complete lighting setup and strike for all events. Will coordinate equipment needs with guest technicians and artists
• Assist in all areas of theatre production support including:
• Provide training, guidance and support to user groups, community members and students using the theatre.
• Perform regular maintenance and upkeep to all theatrical equipment.
• Ensure all working areas are well maintained, clean, tidy and organized.
• Assist in the training and development of local volunteer members of the Technical Volunteer Company.
• Assist with the occupational health and safety of co-workers, volunteers, students and audience members.
• Stagecraft diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution with 1 year professional work experience. Work experience may negate the need for a diploma.
• Experience working in a wide range of related production areas including but not limited to lighting, sound, and rigging.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum direct supervision, which compliments their capacity to work with other team members.
• Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and achieve deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to work and assist a wide range of performance types including live music, theatre, dance, choir, variety shows and corporate presentations.
• Experience working with community and semi-professional arts groups an asset. With attention to patience, understanding and consideration.
• Experience working in a road house facility with a wide variety of events and short turnaround time.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a safe and timely manner.
• Ability to work at heights, climb ladders, lift 50 pounds, and skill with power tools.
• The candidate must have strong communication skills; good time management skills, flexibility and approach each situation with diplomacy.
• Computer skills (Windows, Mac OS) and software proficiency with MS office.
• Experience with the ETC EOS family of consoles and lighting network systems.
• Willingness to work a variety of hours depending on event times.
• A good sense of humour with a strong desire to open a new arts centre.
• Stage management experience an asset
• Experience with projection an asset
• Valid class 5 Drivers License
• Fall arrest, Arial lift, Pyro and First Aid certificates an asset
Please provide a cover letter with a detailed resume with related experiences. We encourage all members of the theatre community to apply.
Thank all those that take the time to apply. We will contact those that best meet the listed qualifications.
Salary Range: $805 - 875 per week
Full time – based on a 35 hour work week with an option to become permanent following funding confirmation.
Start Date: 4-August-2014
Application deadline July 3th.
Salary: Salary Range: $805 - 875 per week
Nick Beach – Technical Director & Operations Coordinator
Performing Arts Centre, Camrose
Care of: Augustana Campus, University of Alberta
4901 46 Ave
Camrose Alberta T4V 2R3
The Camrose Performing Arts Centre is brand new, state of the arts performing arts centre located on the University of Alberta, Augustana Campus in Camrose, Alberta. This 580 seat automated fly house is a joint venture between the U of A and the City of Camrose to offer an unmatched performing arts facility to the community, students and region. The facility will have fit up and training through August and September with the grand opening happening the first week in October.
The Camrose Performing Art Centre will function as a road house, presenting a wide range of professional and semi-professional events including: dance performances and festivals, professional and modern theatre presentations, corporate and community events, University of Alberta functions, films and screenings and many live music performances.
The facility boasts a host of sustainability features including 100% LED lighting and a photovoltaic array on all 4 sides of the fly tower.
Camrose is a very vibrant small city of 18,000 people located only a 50 minute drive south east of Edmonton. Camrose is also only a 45 minute drive to the Edmonton International Airport. Camrose is the perfect mix of small city charm with close access to a major urban centre.