This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
- responsible for all set, props and production items including their care, maintenance and transportation
- responsible for assembly of the set and large props, side lighting and laying of dance floor and strike in all venues
- organizes and assists with the load in and load outs at all venues with theatre crew provided
- Assists with the set up for in studio presentations
- liaison person for the school shows and tour these shows
- will assist with tour paperwork including venue information, technical rider information, and lighting information
- will update paperwork for each ballet including truck packs and diagrams, order of the pack, set up & strike notes and detailed venue notes for both new venues and show specific information for all venues
- will be the primary driver of a 26' straight truck and will drive other production vehicles - cube, vans, etc.
- Must be organized and efficient and work well under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated and possess good organizational and time management skills.
- Completion of an accredited post-secondary program in technical theatre or the equivalent combination (2 years or more) of experience and education.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- must have a valid driver's license and passport.
- Touring experience would be an asset.
- Bilingual (French & English) both written and spoken would be an asset.
- Contract position is full time from August 25, 2014 to May 22, 2015.
- Ballet Jorgen Canada will be touring "Cinderella" to western Canada, eastern Canada, Quebec, and throughout Ontario and the States, “Nutcracker” throughout Ontario and "Velveteen Rabbit" to schools and eastern Canada.
To apply for this email resume and cover letter to:
Canada’s Ballet Jorgen is a contemporary ballet company that tours extensively throughout Canada and into the States. CBJ's home base is Toronto and this season will be touring "Cinderella", “Nutcracker", "Velveteen Rabbit” and “Mixed Program” productions.