This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is currently accepting applications for the Sound Assistant/Playback for the summer of 2014. The contract would run from May 5th to Aug 1st, 2014.
The sound team consists of: Composer/ Sound Designer, Musical Director, Head of Sound/ Sound Engineer, Sound Assistant and Sound Intern.
Sound Assistant - Duties include but not limited to:
• Outside of rehearsals, the Sound Assistant will participate in the installation of the sound system for the production with duties ranging from hooking up digital snakes and boards to setting up speakers, hiding speakers within the design of the set, running lines to speakers and attending to wireless microphones.
• During rehearsals the Sound Assistant will be primarily responsible for running the computer and music for the show.
• This includes keeping a detailed script and executing computer based cues throughout the show. The Sound Assistant/Playback will work closely with the Head of Sound/Sound Engineer and Composer/Sound Designer and receive onsite training in these areas.
• In accordance with the abilities of the individual hired, additional duties may also include mixing voices, creating sound effects, dealing with wireless microphones, sourcing and adjusting sound levels, and being a liaison between the music department and stage management.
• The Sound Assistant will also be in charge of micing up the actors when Sound Intern is unavailable (primarily week days).
• During rehearsals will be responsible for creating a Mic Map that shows when actors have mics relative to the script. As rehearsals continue this Map will need to be edited in order to assure all speaking roes have mics. This task involves keeping a detailed spreadsheet of when actors have mics, which mics they have etc.
The Sound Assistant/Playback is part of the Sound Team. Directed by the Head of Sound/Sound Engineer for day to day functions and labour. The role may involve manual labour.
Any interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter Attention to Mr. Justin Born, Production Manager firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 10th, 2014.
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one of Canada's largest outdoor theatrical events. Now in its 19th season, the company annually depicts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. An epic story told on an epic scale, this year's production features a creative retelling of the Gospel of John. The script will be performed by a mixed professional/volunteer cast of approximately 200 actors in a 2700-seat outdoor amphitheatre.