This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Solotech has experimented and profitable sales and operations teams in the NCR (Ottawa and Gatineau) and in Eastern Ontario. The successful self-motivated candidate will be called upon to take over the leadership of these teams with the objective of hunting out new sales targets and to continue to develop growth within this strategic market for Solotech.
Identifies objectives, winning strategies and aggressive action plans to improve short and long- term sales and earnings through positive planning, deployment and management of sales, operational and administrative personnel and builds the sales and operational teams as required. Reports directly to the General Manager Corporate Development.
- Plans and carries out the establishment of a new office / warehouse in Ottawa to consolidate all of the NCR staff and services in a centralised location. Oversees the smooth transfer of the Gatineau sales, operation and administration functions to the new location;
- Manages and assigns market sectors and/or product lines to the sales team to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives;
- Manages the regional Project Design and Product Specialists, the Integration and the Service teams to offer a complete professional solution to Solotech’s clients in collaboration with the Director of Operations;
- Manages a diverse administrative and operational staff;
- Evaluates market trends and gathers competitive information, identifies trends that effect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability. Disseminates information to regional sales representatives, corporate marketing and sales operations;
- Special projects as assigned.
Details of the function:
- Performs sales activities on major accounts and assists sales personnel in establishing personal contact and rapport with top echelon decision-makers;
- Reviews the sales team’s quotations and discounts as well as the management of expenses and business/financial issues on contracts procedures in consultation with the General Manager Corporate Development;
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams for all departments of the region;
- In collaboration with the Controller, provides monthly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity and holds regular performance reviews;
- Interprets short and long-term effects of sales strategies on operating profit;
- Educates regional sales, integration, service and operation teams by establishing programs/seminars;
￼￼￼- Collaborates with the General Manager Corporate Development to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade show expenses;
- Holds regular meeting with sales and operations staff. Holds annual review of all staff in collaboration with Human Resources;
- Reviews regional expenses and recommends economies. Takes corrective actions when required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related experience in the Audiovisual and/or Live Entertainment Technology sector; or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience. CTS or similar certification is an asset;
- Experience in sales strategies for the Federal Government and for Solotech’s other market sectors in the NCR and Eastern Ontario;
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and CRM’s is required;
- Must be able to pass Federal Government Security Clearance;
- A valid driver’s license is required;
- Although the majority of the work environment is bilingual, spoken French is required.
- Proven leadership, management and coaching skills with the ability to motivate and lead the sales, operations and administrative teams;
- Work usually performed in the Ottawa office / warehouse setting or customer setting ;
- Extensiveface-to face customer experience and a strong customer service orientation;
- Demonstrates highly competitive nature and persistence to drive results;
- Establishes and leverages strong internal and external partnerships to facilitate goal achievement;
- Influences with multiple approaches, leverages personality/style differences and utilizes strong negotiation skills;
- Must possess strong analytical skills;
You will also have access....
- To a dynamic work environment with a collaborative approach.
- The opportunity to progress and participate in the development of the company.
- To a competitive salary and a complete group insurance plan.
Solotech is committed to employment equity and building strength through diversity.
If your profile matches the requirements and you want to join the great team SOLOTECH, please send your resume to DRH@solotech.com
Please mention the job title in the subject.
SOLOTECH is a dedicated leader in technological innovation. We work closely with our valuable clients in a team environment to create solutions. Whether the project requirements are modest or highly complex, we overcome challenges with the aim of exceeding expectations.
SOLOTECH has strategically grown to become the leader in its field. Whether our clients are purchasing or renting, our project specialists combine their expertise to provide the best solutions to meet not only our clients’ technical needs but also the budget and timeline objectives.