This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
St. Andrew’s College is looking for a capable individual to fulfill the full time role of Theatre Manager and Production Technician for our new theatre facility, The Wirth Centre for the Performing Arts. This is a non-unionized environment. The position will be responsible to effectively manage all operations of the theatre and provide hands on technical support for school productions.
• Responsible for rental of theatre facilities
• Maintain and safeguard the technical assets of the theatre
• Set up, operate and maintain lighting and sound systems for theatre, dance, music, and all other school productions and projects; assist directors and guest designers with technical matters
• Implement the necessary technical supports, such as lighting, sound, staging, and special needs, necessary for events and performances presented at the facility in advance of production dates
• Assist in recruiting, training and assignment of student or paid technical staff for front of house
• Provide technical assistance and orient facility renters in all areas of facility operations
• Assist with I.T. projects, including but not limited to laptop imaging, roll-out, collection and repair
• Ensure that the theatre meets the requirements of health and safety legislation
• College Diploma/University Degree in Theatre-Technical Production or at least 5 years technical experience in a professional theatre
• Ability to operate sound and manual/computer assisted light control panels, computers and related theatre equipment
• A demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Strong organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work irregular hours including evenings and occasional weekends.
• Good knowledge of computer components and ability to learn and understand computers, peripherals and applications
If you would like to participate in the full life of a school that is at the forefront of technology, boasts outstanding classroom, athletic, drama and music facilities, and fosters a culture of collegiality and warmth, we would like to hear from you. The College offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Email application to:
Founded in 1899, St. Andrew’s College (SAC) is an independent, all-boys university preparatory school for grades 5-12. Located 40 minutes north of Toronto, SAC's 110-acre campus is home to a mix of 620 boarding and day students from 34 countries. As set out in our mission statement, SAC’s rigorous academic program is complemented by a wide range of co-curricular activities designed to develop 'the complete man and well-rounded citizen'. To find out more, visit our website at www.sac.on.ca