This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Reporting to the Executive Director and Artistic Director, the Production Manager will supervise all production activity for the theatre including budgeting, staffing, and scheduling. In conjunction with the Executive Director, the PM will also manage and maintain YPT’s facility in preparation for YPT’s capital redevelopment project.
• plan season and production schedules, collaborating with other departments
• manage the facility’s maintenance and relationship with the City Cultural Assets Department, in conjunction with the Executive Director
• develop and monitor, in consultation with the Artistic Director, Executive Director, and Producer, budgets for all productions and presentations, building operations and production overhead
• contract and supervise production and creative staff, and stage management
• supervise space bookings, rentals, and production builds for external clients
• ensure all production personnel are well trained, all activities in the production department are handled in a safe and responsible manner, and that the Mainstage and Studio Theatres and production shops are well maintained
• ensure that the production department is compliant with the provincial Employment Standards Act, and other relevant Ontario Ministry of Labour and Ontario Human Rights legislation
• act as management-appointed Co-Chair for the Joint Health & Safety Committee, as per provincial guidelines
• Work collaboratively with the senior management team to support programs, events and the educational mandate at YPT.
• Extensive background in all aspects of theatrical production
• A minimum of 5 years senior management experience
• Experience in the planning and execution of performing arts capital projects
• Extensive knowledge of and experience in theatre collective agreements and Health & Safety policies
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to: by 10 am, Monday, June 3, 2013. While we thank those who have applied, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Young People’s Theatre (YPT), now entering its 48th season, is Canada’s largest theatre for young audiences and currently produces and presents an 8-play season with an audience of up to 80,000+. Housed at a renovated, historical venue in Toronto, YPT works on a 468-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio stage. Its operating budget is approximately $3.5 million. The work culture at YPT encourages ingenuity, team-work, and an atmosphere of learning. YPT’s artistic policy focuses on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do.