This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
The Production Manager is responsible for the management of all production staff and production elements of Theatre NorthWest’s activities. Reporting to the Artistic Director, and working with the General Manager, this position maintains a high level of artistic integrity, safety and appropriate working environment for artistic and production personnel. The Production Manager also works to support the maintenance and improvement of the facility with specific attention to the theatre spaces and equipment therein.
- Prepare production budgets, management and monitoring of accurate expenditures and ensuring adherence to production, staffing, and maintenance budgets
- Plan and maintain the production schedule for each show
- Contract and supervise production related staff and designers
- Ensure all production personnel are well trained, all activities in the production department are handled in a safe and responsible manner, and that the performance spaces are well maintained
- Create and maintain technical documentation and inventories
- Create construction drawings in VectorWorks for all scenic elements.
- Work with designers, directors and production staff to ensure that all productions are realized to the highest artistic standard, within the constraints of the TNW’s schedules and budget
- Participate in build and load in as needed
- Manage the maintenance and repair of the facility
- A thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, techniques, materials, tools, and equipment used in the operation of stage settings, rigging, scenery, lighting systems
- Ability to read and produce technical drawings in VectorWorks
- Experience working with automated lighting controls (ETC Ion), digital sound consoles (Allen & Heath Qu-16), and QLab
- Thorough knowledge of the Canadian Theatre Agreement, and other association agreements (Associated Designers of Canada, etc.)
- Working knowledge of provincial Employment Standards Act, and Occupational Health and Safety Act, with specific regards to the live performance guidelines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and to establish and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- High professional standards with acute attention to details
- Exceptional communication and collaborative skills with a demonstrated ability to lead and motivate people
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience, with a specialization in theatre and a passion for Canadian theatre
- Three to five years experience working as a production manager in a professional or independent theatre context
- Fall Protection certification
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- WHMIS Certification is an asset
- PAL Certification is an asset
- LE or FE Certification is an asset
Theatre NorthWest is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Start date is July 1, 2016 and runs through June 3, 2017.
Salary: Salary is competitive and will commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, current resume or CV and references to . Application deadline May 15th 2016.
Founded in 1994 Theatre NorthWest is dedicated to bringing our audiences a wide range of plays drawn from the contemporary Canadian and International repertoire. Housed in an intimate 220 seat mid size regional theatre venue and serving a wide demography in Northern BC. TNW contracts professional artists from across Canada for a season of four mainstage and two toured Presentation Series (Innovation and TYA) Productions which run from September through May.